Thursday, July 17, 2008

A little schadenfreude?

Pete, father of the world's most beautiful princess, regaled me the other night with predictions of the dire consequences that would befall me and my posse on this little outing. Let's see, they included altitude-induced constipation and marathon crying jags. He is not alone in suggesting that traveling with a 5 month old baby in a third-world country is crazy (and that's not even factoring in traveling with a smart but VERY demanding 5-year-old--who can REALLY push my buttons--or one crazy-assed dancing/singing earth motha'). But he doesn't (and the rest of you naysayers don't) know how tough my tribe is...and how we roll with the punches (which are sure to come, given that early on, for example, we will be trapped on a bus for, in one instance, 5 hours, and in another, 2 days later, 8 hours...that's assuming we get to the bus stations on time, etc.). You'll see, dammit.

1 comment:

Kelly Hudgins said...

No, Pete is the father of the world's SECOND most beautiful princess. As the mother of the world's FIRST most beautiful princess, I can tell you that probably the easiest trip I took with her (logistically, that is) was the 3-weeks-in-Europe-while-nursing-at-six-months (or the Tits in the Great Capitals of Europe Tour). No muss, no fuss, nothing to wash or sterilize, piece of cake.

Granted, it was the first world, except for the time the very dark man in a curry shack in Bayswater took her in his arms and disappeared into the kitchen for about 15 minutes....but that's another story.

I'll put you on my blogroll again so that all two of my readers can follow your escapades.

Kelly